9B Unit 4 Welcome to the unit
1. Reading is a good _______ (形式)of learning English.
2. Mars is one of the _________(行星) of the sun and it goes round the sun.
3. These boots are _________ (專門地)designed for the children under 6 years old. 4. Meals on Mars will probably not be much ______（美味的）than they are today.
5. More actions ought to be taken to prevent people _________(污染) the environment any more. 6. I think the space _____ (sleep) bag is very important for an astronaut.
7. We need to wear special boots to make us heavier because there is _______(little) gravity on Mars. 8. There is more _______ (pollute) air in the city than in the country.
9. The long journey on bus may be ___(comfort), but you can enjoy the nice views along the road. 10. Always ________ (compare)with others is not good for you. 二、選擇
( )1. The train runs _______ a speed of 180 kilometres per hour.
A. in B. on C. for D. at ( )2. You should take the medicine ________ the three meals.
A. among B. between C. in D. before ( )3. There are a lot of buildings on _______ side of the street. A. every B. each C. both D. all ( )4._________ delicious the food is! A. What B. What a C. How D. How a ( )5. If you don’t want to go to see the movie this evening, neither ______ I. A. do B. am C. will D. should ( )6. -- I'm always a little nervous when I talk to Mr. Smith. -- ____ . He is strict, but he is kind to his students.
A. That's right B. What a pity C. Take it easy D. Take your time
( ) 2. Virgin Galactic told reporters that the cost of travelling into space would be low enough for common
people to afford the year 2020. A. for B. by C. since D. until
( ) 3. that more and more people can realize their dream of travelling into space. — I agree. That would be a new way of going on vacation. A. It is hoping B. It hopes C. It is hoped D. It has hoped ( ) 4. — What’s the advantage of this new type of spacecraft? — current (現有) spacecrafts, the new ones would travel much faster. A. Compared with B. Comparing with C. To compare with D. Compare with
( ) 5. By using new technology, of the spacecraft’s energy would be saved while flying to the Moon. A. two-third B. two-thirds C. two-threes D. two-three
( ) 6. — the news spreads! Now everyone in the town knows about it. — Bad news has wings. A. What rapid B. How rapid C. What rapidly D. How rapidly